In the quest to achieve clear, healthy skin that glows, nothing comes as close to the feeling of freshly cleaned skin as a HydraFacial treatment. The unique facial treatment has earned superstar status for its ability to clean the pores deep while leaving the skin feeling bright, soft, and smooth. While traditional facials have long been a go-to for improving skin health, consider the ever-popular HydraFacial for more than what the standard facial delivers.
What Is A HydraFacial?
A HydraFacial is a quick, easy, painless, downtime-free skin refinishing treatment that provides a deep-down clean. The fundamentals of a HydraFacial include skin cleaning and extractions followed by the delivery of specialized skin serums that help improve specific skin concerns. What makes a HydraFacial treatment unique is its ability to exfoliate the skin while nourishing and hydrating it.
Traditional facials are performed entirely by hand, but HydraFacial utilizes a special vacuum-based machine to remove debris from the pores and dead skin while exfoliating it. Most fans of the HydraFacial compare it to a deep extraction plus peel with the benefits of microdermabrasion rolled into one. The treatment can also be customized according to your skin’s needs and types, making it beneficial to several skin types and concerns.
The HydraFacial is also customizable. Several different Boosters can be infused into the skin during the treatment through the machine’s handpiece. Each Booster addresses various skin issues, from anti-aging to redness and acne. Many Boosters are formulated and produced by recognized skincare brands, like ZO Skin Health, Alastin, Colorescience, and Sente.
How does a hydrafacial work?
Unlike other facial treatments, HydraFacial utilizes a patented technology that cleanses, extracts, and hydrates the skin for visibly dramatic and instant results.
Several steps comprise a HydraFacial treatment (before the treatment begins, the skin should always be cleansed with a cleanser and water), including:
- Cleanse + Peel: A vacuum-like handheld device glides across the skin to exfoliate it and remove dead skin and dirt, oil, debris, and impurities within the pores. Since the HydraFacial treatment only works on the upper layers of the skin, no skin damage is incurred. The treatment reveals fresh, new skin by exfoliating and gently resurfacing the top layer of skin, which houses dead skin cells. In addition, the Activ-4™ serum is infused into the skin to remove dead skin cells to reveal healthy skin. At the same time, the GlySal™ mixture of glycolic and salicylic acids delivers the benefits of a peel without post-peel scaling.
- Extract + Hydrate: The HydraFacial effectively lifts away pore-clogging debris from within the pores via painless suction. The patented, automated vortex suction painlessly cleans out pores with the exclusive Beta-HD™ serum, and Antiox+™ serum nourishes and protects with antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid.
- Fuse + Protect: The last step in the HydraFacial consists of saturating the skin’s surface with antioxidants and peptides to up the glow factor. During this step, proprietary skin solutions are administered to address specific skin concerns. Your aesthetician directs any adjustments to the treatment through the tip, which offers different exfoliation levels.
what are the benefits of a hydrafacial?
There are many reasons to treat your skin with a HydraFacial, and some of the more noteworthy benefits include skin that looks clear, clean, glowy, fresh, and appropriately hydrated. The HydraFacial suits various skin types and appeals to all skin tones, ages, and concerns. Additional benefits include:
- Less Breakouts That Aren’t as Severe: Regular HydraFacial treatments help provide a layer of deep cleansing and exfoliating you can’t get at home. Plus, the treatment utilizes acne-fighting acids and ingredients to minimize breakouts and lessen sebum production to limit the incidence of breakouts.
- Decreased Skin Redness: Skin issues like redness and rosacea are alleviated with a HydraFacial, thanks to the treatment’s hydrating and nourishing properties. Also, decreasing the amount of dead and damaged skin cells on the surface helps reduce the look of dryness and redness.
- Fewer Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Exfoliating the skin’s uppermost layers helps to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so that the skin appears refreshed and well-hydrated.
- More Even Skin Texture: Dead skin cells can clog the pores and cause the skin to feel uneven and rough, but removing them helps smooth the skin’s texture.
Is there any downtime with a HydraFacial?
Like most facials, there’s no downtime or recovery period with a HydraFacial. But unlike other skin treatments that require time off from your social schedule, you can resume your regular activities immediately following a HydraFacial. Immediately after the treatment, the skin looks clearer and boasts a natural, healthy glow, but some people notice minor pinkness that may last a few hours (it subsides on its own quickly).
How much does a hydrafacial cost in atlanta?
HydraFacial costs vary depending on where you choose to do it and how many sessions you do. Packages are available that can help you save on the treatment. To determine the cost of your HydraFacial, book a consultation today.
Who does a HydraFacial Work for?
Almost every skin type and tone can benefit from a HydraFacial. However, patients with more noticeable skin concerns, like clogged pores, acne, discoloration, and dullness, seem to see the most dramatic results from the treatment and its exceptional results. A HydraFacial is also the go-to treatment for glowing, dewy, and healthy skin. The treatment works well for reducing the signs of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Decreased firmness and elasticity
- Brown spots and discoloration
- Oily, congested skin
- Enlarged pores
- Dull skin texture
- Uneven skin tone and loss of vibrancy
How often should I get a HydraFacial?
Like other facials and skin treatments, a HydraFacial is recommended every four to six weeks. A series of HydraFacials also provides the best results, and most patients see the full effects of the treatment after at least five monthly sessions.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare my skin for a HydraFacial?
There are no special instructions other than following healthy skin care habits before and after the treatment. If you use acid-based or exfoliating products, you’ll want to avoid using them for two days before your HydraFacial. You’ll also want to avoid sun exposure in the days following the treatment (and afterward).
How long will my results last?
Some people see results that last about one week, while others see more of a long-lasting improvement. We always recommend monthly treatments to maintain the results, especially when treating problematic skin.
Can I wear makeup after HydraFacial?
Yes! While it’s always best to let your skin breathe post-treatment for as long as possible, there is nothing wrong with applying makeup directly afterward.