Posted January 15, 2018 in Uncategorized
Losing weight can be a difficult challenge to tackle, but for many people, the hardest part of the weight loss journey can be keeping the weight off once you’ve dropped the pounds. With this struggle in mind, we will cover seven ways to help you keep the weight off and reach your goals, with options ranging from natural diet and exercise to surgical procedures.
- KybellaⓇ – The neck and jawline are some of the most noticeable areas of the body, and unfortunately, they also happen to be common areas for sagging and fat deposits. KybellaⓇ is a nonsurgical injectable treatment for the double chin. It is an excellent option for weight loss because it does not require any downtime and it works with your body to help fat gradually disappear. This solution is available to anyone looking to get past the pesky sagging and fat in the neck and jawline.
- Move Your Body – Exercise is a crucial component of keeping weight off, so get out there and get moving by doing an activity that you love. Remember, there isn’t one correct way to exercise, it can be anything that gets you moving and burning calories. Hate the gym? No problem. Get your workout by taking a walk with your dog or playing a sport that you enjoy. The possibilities are endless when it comes to keeping off the weight. Experts recommend 60-75 minutes of moderate exercise or 30-45 minutes of daily vigorous activity to maintain optimal health.
- Get Adequate Sleep – This simple adage will carry you far in your quest to keep off the weight. Studies show that getting the recommended amount of sleep, somewhere in the range of seven to eight hours per night, can help with impulse control. Some extra zzz’s can mean the difference between sticking to a healthy diet and reaching for the junk food. Additionally, sleep deprivation plays a direct role in how the body burns fat which can sabotage both diet and exercise progress.
- Keep Your Diet Rich in Fiber – Eating the right foods is just as significant as staying physically active when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight. A critical aspect of many people who have managed to keep the weight off is a diet rich in fiber. You can make your diet rich in fiber by consuming plant foods such as vegetables, legumes, nuts and beans. Consuming high levels of it will help you feel less hungry throughout the day, and you will be less likely to reach for junk foods to satisfy the cravings.
- TruSculpt™ – Losing weight in “problem areas” has always proven difficult even when following strict diet and exercise programs. TruSculpt™ is a nonsurgical procedure that can help you lose moderate amounts of fat on the thighs, hips, abdomen or any other problem area. This method is excellent for those who want to return to the gym quickly because there is no downtime. In fact, many people will go directly to work out after the procedure. TruSculpt™ will help you look trimmer, more fit and keep off the weight.
- Liposuction – Certain parts of the body hold pockets of fat that are tough to beat. Even if you have lost the weight, the fat cells remain in that area. These cells make it difficult to tone up specific areas like the thighs, hips or abdomen. Liposuction is a great way to quickly remove fat from the treatment area. Remember that fat deposits can return to a treatment area and therefore it is vital to keep up a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and consistent exercise in combination with the procedure.
- Other Body Sculpting Options – Once you are nearing your ideal weight and are thoroughly committed to an overall healthy lifestyle, body sculpting can be one of the final steps in your quest to reach your weight and body goals. Getting rid of the extra weight or sagging skin in the abdomen won’t be an easy fix by diet or exercise alone. Instead of giving up hope, consider other options. A tummy tuck helps tone and restore the natural contours of the midsection, while a body lift helps you get your body back and tighten up the skin if you have lost a massive amount of weight. If your goal is to have more toned legs and feel confident wearing shorts again, then a thigh lift may be for you. This procedure tightens up the areas of the thighs and make your legs more attractive, and it will help your clothing fit better.
Plastic Surgery Centre of Atlanta is conveniently located in Atlanta near the communities of Acworth, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven and Druid Hills. For more information or to book a consultation, please contact our office today.