Posted September 15, 2017 in Blog, Breast Augmentation
When considering going under a procedure such as a breast augmentation, or a “boob job,” it’s best to understand the best way to prepare. These procedures should not be taken lightly so in this short article, I’m going to break down what you need to do weeks prior, days prior, and hours before undergoing a breast augmentation
Step 1: Contact a Highly Qualified Plastic Surgeon
- When considering a procedure like this, there are no shortcuts.
- The best doctor should have good reviews, a long-standing relationship with customers, and +5 years as a professional plastic surgeon.
- Contact Plastic Surgery Centre of Atlanta if you live in the Atlanta area for a professional consultation.
Two Weeks Before Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Stop taking aspirin and aspirin containing products.
- Confirm your “pre-op history and physical” appointment with your family doctor/internist.
- If you develop a cold or illness before breast enlargement/augmentation surgery, please notify the staff at our Atlanta office.
- Vitamins are important in healing. Begin taking multi-vitamins with C, minerals, and iron.
- NO SMOKING
- Make certain arrangements have been made to have someone pick you up after surgery and to stay with you during the first 24 hours.
- Stop all herbal and phentermine-type medications, as well as supplemental Vitamin E. The small amounts of vitamin E found routinely in standard multivitamins is not a problem.
Two Days Before Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Go to the drug store and fill all prescriptions.
- Go to the grocery store to buy “light foods” such as juices, tea, soup, toast, crackers, bagels, jelly, etc.
- Buy Betadine™ Scrub liquid soap.
- You may want to purchase a stool softener, such as Colace, as pain medication may cause constipation.
The Evening Before Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Shower with Betadine™ soap for three full minutes. Avoid contact of jewelry with Betadine™; it stains.
- Eat lightly – avoid heavy or gassy foods.
- Get a good night’s rest.
- Do not eat or drink anything after 12:00 midnight before breast augmentation
For More Information
Plastic Surgery Centre of Atlanta is conveniently located in Atlanta near the communities of Acworth, Alpharetta, Chamblee and Peachtree City. For more information or to book a consultation, please contact our office today.